Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Count of Monte Cristo

Abbe Faria: God said "Vengeance is mine".
Edmond: I don't believe in God.
Abbe Faria: That doesn't matter. He believes in you.

Isn't it funny how matter what you are going through, God believes in you. This is something I learned yesterday, and again while I was watching the Count of Monte Cristo. In Matthew 14 when Jesus walks on water, Peter walks out on the water, but starts to sink, not because he doesn't have faith in Jesus, he knows Jesus can do it, but because he does not think he can do it. He didn't believe that God could do it through him. But when he said "Lord save me," Jesus said, "you of little faith why do you doubt?" Jesus believed He could do it, and knows he can do it. He believes in us. We just need to let ourselves believe that He can do things through us. Sometimes it is hard, especially if it is not a simple task. I know I need to trust that anything can happen if I trust the Lord. If the Lord our Savior, and King of kings believes in me, shouldn't that be all we need to trust Him. Why is it so difficult for us to trust Him with everything when we know He will always be there? I love learning new things about Jesus, it has become my new favorite thing in this world.

No comments: